All the modifications of diesel engine D-245 of Minsk Motor Plant (MMZ) are 4-stroke and 4-cylinder motors. The arrangement of the cylinders in them is in-line, vertical, direct injection of diesel fuel, with compression ignition. The scope of this engine is places with unlimited air exchange. It is allowed to operate at an ambient temperature from -45C to + 45C, while at a temperature lower than -25C the coarse air filter housing must be equipped with a supplied fuel heater. Originally, it was a typical tractor engine for such tractors as “Belarus MTZ-100, -102, -890, 892”, vibratory rollers “VG-1201” of the Rybinsk plant “Dormash”, and other road equipment. These power units equipped the products of the Oryol loader plant and the Tver excavator plant, the Petrozavodsk Onega Tractor Plant. But the forced versions of this motor are widely used in medium-duty trucks, starting with the ZIL-5301 “Goby”, and in buses.
У нас Вы можете заказать валы коленчатые GENMOT для популярных моделей двигателей ММЗ. Подробнее в каталоге.
Here you can order GENMOT crankshafts for popular models of MMZ engines. You can find more details in the catalog.
The engine was developed in the early 80s of the twentieth century in a design office of the Minsk Motor Plant. When creating this motor, experts relied on the rich experience in the production and operation of D-240 engines, for the most popular model of a wheeled tractor in the history of MTZ-80. The motor entered mass production in 1984. In this significant year for MMZ, the three millionth diesel engine came off its assembly line.
1984 – till now
Material of cylinder block
Number of cylinders
Number of valves on a cylinder
Piston stroke, mm
Cylinder diameter, mm
Engine displacement, cube cm
Engine power, hp / rpm
Torque, Nm / rpm
Engine weight, kg
Fuel consumption, l / 100 km (for GAZ-3309)
Oil consumption,% to fuel consumption, up to
Oil in the engine
How much oil in the engine, l
Oil change is carried out, hours
Engine resource, km
The engine was installed on:
MAZ-106, 256, 4370/4371 Zubrenok, 4581
BELARUS-920, 952, 1025
GAZ-1503, 2504.3308, 3309, 3310 Valdai, 3403, 3507
KAVZ-3244, 3976, 39765
ZIL-130, 131, 3250, 4319, 4329/4331, 4334, 5301 Goby,
MTZ-890, 892, 895, 922, 923, 950, 952, 1005, 1021, 1025
PAZ-3205, 4230 Aurora, 4234
EK-14, EK-18, ET-14, ET-16, ET-18
Technical characteristics of D-245
Modifications and their differences
- D-245.1 — a motor manufactured since 1992 for ZIL and equipped with a TKR-6 turbine. Here the power reaches 107 hp.
- D-245.2 — tractor analogue, but with intercooler and other fuel pump settings. It has been produced since 2000 and has a power of 120 hp.
- D-245.4 — version with turbine TKR 6-01 without intercooler with 81 hp.
- D-245.5 — D245.4 analogue, but power increased till 88 hp.
- D-245.7 — diesel for buses and trucks weighing up to 8 tons. The version for Euro-1 was with a TKR 60-14-3 turbine and develops 122 hp. at 2400 rpm, torque 422 Nm at 1500 rpm. Then it was finalized under E2, E3, E4 and E5. The TKR 60-14-02 turbine is used on Euro-2, the TKR 60-14 is used on Euro-3, and the TKR 60.01 is already installed on Euro-4, and the power has increased to 130 hp. at 2200 rpm, torque 422 Nm at 1100-2100 rpm.
- D-245.10 — engine for a car at107 h.p.
- D-245.11 — 107 h.p. modification at 2400 rpm, torque 355 Nm at 1500 rpm.
- D-245.12 — car engine without intercooler with turbine TKR-6 (on Euro-1 – TKR 7N2A), which has 109 h.p.
- D-245.16 — tractor version developing 127 h.p at 1800 rpm, torque 567 Nm at 1500 rpm. ICE was produced for the Onega Tractor Plant.
- D-245.20 — version for ZIL at 107 h.p.
- D245.30 — analogue of D245.7, but with a turbine TKR 01/60/01-01 (01/60/01/05), its power is 156 h.p. at 2400 rpm, and a torque of 515 Nm at 1600 rpm. The modification is intended for cars weighing 12 and 18 tons.
- D245.35 — version for cars weighing up to 13, 18 and 21 tons. Power 170 HP at 2400 rpm, a torque of 595 Nm at 1500 rpm. On versions under Euro-4 there is a TKR-60.01.01 turbine and the power is increased to 177 hp. at 2300 rpm, torque 650 Nm at 1200-1600 rpm.
- D245.42 – tractor diesel engine with 75 h.p. at 1800 rpm, torque 365 Nm at 1400 rpm.
- D245.43 — another 84 h.p. tractor version at 1800 rpm, a torque of 411 Nm at 1400 rpm.